No matter how—or why—you may celebrate, it’s Christmas Day. As you enjoy family and friends, make healthful choices together that match your individual lifestyles.
For the best gift of the season—good health.
- Be realistic. Stick with your small steps to eat smart and move more. Enjoy vegetables served at dinner. Serve yourself a reasonable portion of turkey or meat (or dessert). Go light with gravy.
- Be adventurous. Try new foods today if your host prepared or a guest brought something you’ve never tasted. You’ll expand your tastes to enjoy more food variety.
- Be flexible. No need to worry if you indulged your taste buds today. Make it up in the next few days with light meals and mall walking as you hit the post holiday sales.
- Be sensible. Enjoy the holiday spread, just push away from the table when you’re done. Skip everyday dips and chips so you have room for that special, perhaps traditional, once-a-year dessert.
- Be active. After dinner enjoy a family Christmas Day walk. Play Ping-Pong. Dance together.